According to article 6 of Deposit Guarantee Fund articles of association, the pillars of the Fund are as follows:
- Board of trustees
- Board of directors
- Chief Executive Officer
- Legal Inspector
Fund board of trustees consists of 6 members as follows:
- Governor of central bank as chairman of board of trustees.
- Minister of economy and finance or his deputy.
- President's deputy for strategic planning and monitoring or his deputy
- A member of supervisory board of supervision department of central bank
- One of managing directors of government banks chosen by minister of economy and finance.
- One of managing directors of non-government banks chosen by minister of economy and finance.
Board of directors
The board of directors including a chairman, four main members and a substitute member is held to handle the Fund's administration within the provisions of the statutes and decrees of board of trustees. Members of board of directors are appointed by chairman of board of trustees' proposal and approval of board of trustees and by chairman of board of trustees' decree for a period of three years. On their first meeting, the board of directors appoints one of the members as chairman of the board.
Members of board of directors should be chosen from experts and experienced people in fields of monetary affairs, banking, economics, law, finance and planning with minimum of 10 years of related experience and at least a related bachelor's degree.
At present members of the board of directors are as follows:
- Hassan Motamedi – Chairman of the board
- Mohammad Hashem Botshekan (PhD)
- Mohammadreza Pishrow
- Mohsen Pourkiani
- Gholamreza Abbasi
Chief Executive Officer:
Chief Executive Officer is considered as the highest executive and administrative authority of the Fund who is appointed by proposal of board of directors and approval of board of trustees and approval and decree of chairman of board of trustees for a period of three years.
Cheif Executive Officer is responsible for proper execution of all Fund affairs and is protector of Fund's rights, interests and properties.
Duties of the legal inspector are borne by the audit organization which should present its reports to the board of trustees.